Geeklings Pageviews!

Thursday 23 July 2015

A Walk in the Park!

'Life is a walk in the park'
A wise man said to me
I shook my head and walked on
But now I'm starting to agree.

Along your way there'll be thistles
To try and drag you down
But you can just walk over them
Before they take your crown.

There'll be risky paths,
Of which you'll fear to take
But a 'what if?' is far worse
than an 'oops' or a mistake.

You'll look up the trees
And think 'how'd they get so tall?'
But soon you'll be climbing them
And you won't feel so small.

And sometimes the sun will shine
Or the rain will fall on your parade
But life is full of umbrella's
To offer you some aid.

You'll fall down a few times
And maybe scrape your knees
But a friend will come by and help
Just remember your pretty please.

So the wise man was right I suppose
Life is like a walk in the park
Sometimes it will shine so bright
Others the clouds'll be dark.


Been a while since I've done one of these... I don't know why I said 'one of these'- it's just a poem! You can probably smell the cheese 10 miles away but I thought I'd publish it. Funnily enough I thought of the ideas whilst I was walking in a park, so I guess it's appropriately named.
Have a happy evening (or day depending on where you are in the world).
Signed, Geekling. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment